The breadalbane.org website is a project of the Breadalbane Tourism Co-operative Ltd., a not-for-profit co-operative based in Breadalbane, a historic territory within Highland Perthshire and Stirling.
The 17 member businesses span a wide range of tourism-related activity and, by sharing information, knowledge and ideas in an innovative way, aim to advance Breadalbane as a visitor destination focussed on outdoor activities, local food and drink produce, stunning scenery and a warm highland welcome.
Member businesses include: hotel-restaurants; accommodation providers; food (retail & wholesale); outdoor activities; visitor attractions; transport services.
Since its establishment in January 2012 the Breadalbane Tourism Co-operative has:
- Developed a brand for the Breadalbane area;
- Established and enhanced the www.breadalbane.org tourism website;
- Introduced the innovative and award-winning Ring of Breadalbane Explorer summer minibus service for tourists and local residents;
- Devised and promoted Walking Rings, Road Bike and Mountain Biking Rings, and Golf and Angling Trails throughout Breadalbane;
- Held annual tourism EXPOs for tourism-related businesses in the area.
The Co-operative gratefully acknowledges the funding it has received from a substantial number of public sector bodies including:
- Scottish Government Bus Investment Fund
- Scottish Enterprise
- Perth & Kinross and Stirling Councils;
- Loch Lomond & The Trossachs National Park Authority
- Tayside & Central Scotland Transport Partnership.
Sponsorship has also been provided by some 40 businesses in the Breadalbane area which support the activities of the Co-operative. In addition to help increase general awareness of Breadalbane as a tourist destination, contributing business supporters benefit directly in a number of ways, as outlined below.
To become a business supporter of our Breadalbane Tourism Co-operative projects, please contact the Treasurer at the email address below.
Members of the Breadalbane Tourism Co-operative work to promote Breadalbane as a visitor destination on a voluntary basis. We welcome new member businesses which are willing to actively contribute time and ideas to our various projects.
Rings of Breadalbane (walk; cycle; golf; angling): Andrew Donaldson - firstname.lastname@example.org;
Ring of Breadalbane Explorer minibus service: Ken Chew – email@example.com;
Marketing & Public Relations: Felicity Martin – firstname.lastname@example.org;
Food & Drink: Amanda Clark – email@example.com;
Treasurer: Amanda Clark – firstname.lastname@example.org;
Chair: Ken Chew – email@example.com;
Company Secretary: Thomas McGonigle, Dal Riata House, Crarae Avenue, Glasgow G61 1HX – firstname.lastname@example.org